Free app to use Yahoo! Messenger service for online chats
Yahoo Messenger is one of the oldest and most fully featured text IM clients for Android.
For 20 years Yahoo Messenger has connected users with the world and it continues to evolve to offer a richer text chat experience. Two interesting new features in this version include the “Take Back” feature that lets you unsend messages after you've sent them and an improved media carousel that lets you browse your media more easily while on the go.
You’ll be able to share unlimited media fast – including large video files and high resolution pictures! Yahoo Messenger continues to provide an infinitely customizable app with custom themes and animated reaction GIFs to help you express yourself.
It’s important to note that Messenger no longer supports video and voice calling, so expect a text-only experience with media sharing going forward.
On the whole, Yahoo Messenger does a great job helping you stay connected with a lot of fun customization and sharing options. If you’re looking for voice and video calling you might want to try another app, though.
- ”Unsend” Messages with a Single Tap Ever send an IM or text that you regretted right after you hit the send button? Who hasn’t?! With the new “Unsend” feature you’ll be able to take back messages within a short time of sending them.
- Share Unlimited Media Fast Send large video files, music, and high resolution photos quickly and easily, all from a single app.
- Animated GIFs and Customization Options Use animated GIFs to respond while chatting and apply unique themes that make your chats more interesting.
- No More Voice and Video Calling Support Yahoo Messenger has discontinued the voice and video calling features of the app.
Performance improvements and bug fixes
Potentially dangerous permissions
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- READ_SYNC_STATS: Allows applications to read the sync stats.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.